Read this article in order to learn how to remove the “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) virus!” pop-up scam from your computer system completely.
A new scamming browser redirect has been reported by malware researchers to roam around and trick victims into downloading a rogue antivirus program. The pop-up message pretends that you have an actual virus on your computer and asks you to download a system scanner that is actually a rogue software which aims to get you to pay for the full version to remove the virus. This scam practice is widely known and if you see such pop-ups, they are likely caused by an ad-supported unwanted software on your computer, also known as PUA (potentially unwanted application).
What Is The Main Activity of “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” Adware On Your PC?
Not all ad-supported programs are directly malicious. But, most of them have a very annoying behavior and aim for one thing only – to slow down your computer, by displaying unusual amount of advertisements and collect information from it via cookies and other tracking technologies. The worst case scenario of having ad-supported programs like the “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” Adware on your computer is that they may create security gaps and breaches on it that could result in hackers exploiting your PC security to infect your computer with more dangerous viruses, like Trojans, Ransomware and even Worms.
Adware exists for quite some time now and you may already be familiar with it. But, bear in mind that ad-supported PUAs (potentially unwanted applications) are becoming more and more sophisticated. This means that such suspicious programs like the “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” Adware can now cause more harm than ever before.
The harmful actions which modern adware programs, like “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” may be engaged with on your computer system are the following:
- Collecting information from your online activity, like online clicks and interests, to display you targeted, aggressive ads.
- Slowing down your computer system by drawing processing power from it to use for it’s advertisements.
- Eating up your online data usage, resulting in slower internet connection.
- Pop-ups that do not stop appearing and annoy you.
- Infect your computer with malware and alter it’s connection to their server, so that the cyber-criminals can assume control of it’s web traffic flow.
So How Do You Remove “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” Adware and Protect Yourself?
There are multiple different methods by which the “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” Adware can stay undetected on your computer. These tricks are very close to the ones used by viruses, mainly because they are used in the same coding language. Such can be scripts that hid the uninstaller of the suspicious program or make it reappear on your computer even after you have removed it. So what do you do?
Manual removal may be a tricky process, because you have to hunt down for those scripts and the files of the “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” Adware program. And if you disable them, you risk disabling your internet connection as well. So, be advised that the best way to remove this program is to use a dedicated removal program which can detect the adware’s objects and remove them completely and safely, without having to reinstall your Windows.
Booting in Safe Mode
1) Hold Windows Key and R
2) A run Window will appear, in it type “msconfig” and hit Enter
3) After the Window appears go to the Boot tab and select Safe Boot
Cut out “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” in Task Manager
1) Press CTRL+ESC+SHIFT at the same time.
2) Locate the “Processes” tab.
3) Locate the malicious process of “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!”, and end it’s task by right-clicking on it and clicking on “End Process”
Eliminate “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!”‘s Malicious Registries
For most Windows variants:
1) Hold Windows Button and R.
2) In the “Run” box type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”.
3) Hold CTRL+F keys and type “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” or the file name of the malicious executable of the virus which is usually located in %AppData%, %Temp%, %Local%, %Roaming% or %SystemDrive%.
4) After having located malicious registry objects, some of which are usually in the Run and RunOnce subkeys delete them ermanently and restart your computer. Here is how to find and delete keys for different versions.
For Windows 7: Open the Start Menu and in the search type and type regedit –> Open it. –> Hold CTRL + F buttons –> Type “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” Virus in the search field.
Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Hit Enter -> Press CTRL + F buttons. Type “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!” in the search field.
Automatic Removal of “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) Four virus!”
Step 1:Click on the button to download SpyHunter’s installer.
It is advisable to run a scan before committing to purchase the full version. You should make sure that the malware is detected by SpyHunter first.
Step 2: Guide yourself by the download instructions provided for each browser.
Step 3: After you have installed SpyHunter, wait for the program to update.
Step4: After this click on the “Scan Computer Now” button.
Step5: After SpyHunter has completed with your system`s scan, click on the “Fix Threats” button to clear it.
Step6: Once your computer is clean, it is advisable to restart it.