Read this article to learn how to detect and remove ads from Videostripe on your affected computer fully and protect it in the future as well.
An adware program, hiding behind the name Videostripe has been reported to only pretend to be useful software while in the meantime heavily displays advertisements. Besides doing so, Videostripe adware may also collect various different details about your online browsing activity as well as details on your clicks, searches and location. This info may be used to target your computer with third-party advertisements, such as pop-ups, banners and others. Desde Videostripe is classified as a risky software, it’s removal is highly advisable.
How Did VideostripeEnter Your Computer?Videostripe infiltrates your system like most browser redirects do – via freeware. Freeware includes all programs, tools, add-ons out there that are available for a free download.
Since the creators of the free programs need to get paid after all, they insert various software components that enter your system while you think you are downloading only the free program. Such unwanted components then are capable of generating revenue for third parties via the Pay-Per-Click method. To avoid letting unwanted programs enter you computer, be extra cautious during the installation process of the freeware. Uncheck all previously selected boxes such as “recommended settings”, por exemplo. Choose only the “custom” option and that is how you’ll not end up with various unwanted pieces of software, some of which may be malicious too.
Is Videostripe Dangerous?Videostripe redirect is not particularly malicious. Contudo, it may act intrusive at times:
- It is capable of changing your browser home page without permission and it’s compatible with most browsers – Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Internet Explorer
- It may start displaying multiple pop-up advertisements that you cannot close as they keep showing up
Além, Videostripe is of no value to your browsing needs as it does not even have its own database. If you try to search something via that browser hijacker, it will redirect you to Google. Why would you ever need it then?
What’s worse, contudo, is that Videostripe is not HTTPs encrypted while all trustworthy search engines are. A non-encrypted connection is vulnerable against attacks and malicious components can easily gain access to your system via such search engine.
Como resultado, hackers and advertisers can watch your online behavior, collect your data, steal your sensitive information, hack your system, etc.
How to Remove Videostripe Redirect from Your Computer
Removing a program that is of no use to you is a must. As explained above, it does not only not bring value to you, but it also makes your computer vulnerable to cyber threats and on top – it acts intrusive and may annoy you with unwanted redirects and constant pop-ups.
Booting in Safe Mode
1) Hold Windows Key and R
2) A run Window will appear, in it type “msconfig” and hit Enter
3) After the Window appears go to the Boot tab and select Safe Boot
Cut out Videostripe in Task Manager
1) Press CTRL+ESC+SHIFT at the same time.
2) Locate the “Processes” aba.
3) Locate the malicious process of Videostripe, and end it’s task by right-clicking on it and clicking on “End Process”
Eliminate Videostripe‘s Malicious Registries
For most Windows variants:
1) Hold Windows Button and R.
2) In the “Run” box type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”.
3) Hold CTRL+F keys and type Videostripe or the file name of the malicious executable of the virus which is usually located in %AppData%, %Temp%, %Local%, %Roaming% or %SystemDrive%.
4) After having located malicious registry objects, some of which are usually in the Run and RunOnce subkeys delete them ermanently and restart your computer. Here is how to find and delete keys for different versions.
For Windows 7: Open the Start Menu and in the search type and type regedit > Open it. > Hold CTRL + F buttons > Type Videostripe Virus in the search field.
Win 8/10 users: Start Button > Choose Run > type regedit > Hit Enter -> Press CTRL + F buttons. Type Videostripe in the search field.