Although MySearchDial is a browser toolbar providing some useful features to the users, it is considered adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) by security specialists.
What Benefits Does MySearchDial Have?
MySearchDial has two main features, according to its official website:
- Direct access to the most popular and used websites from the toolbar on the browser.
- NewTab Speedial – this is also a direct access to your most used websites with personalized view.
- The toolbar is free of charge.
- It does not require a registration.
- It supports most of the commonly used browsers.
Why Is MySearchDial Considered a PUP Then?
Before downloading a free program such as a browser add-on, search engine or just about anything from the Web, you must ensure the application in question is absolutely safe for your PC. Otherwise, you risk exposing it to various threats that come from the Web. The particular program may include many useful features but if they come at the price of your computer’s safety, then you must skip it.
That’s the case with MySearchDial. It does offer you convenient features that may save you time and ease your browsing experience, but it does have some negative effect on your PC.
MySearchDial is not malicious by itself and causes no actual harm to your PC. The problem is that it makes your PC vulnerable to other threats. Here’s how:
- While MySearchDial can be downloaded manually from its official website, it may slip into your computer via the bundling method. Bundling is when you download a particular freeware to which adware is unnoticeably attached. And, although you are given an option to opt-out of that bundled deal during the installation process of the freeware, you automatically agree to the bundling simply because you do not pay close attention to the installation process. In the end, you have adware installed on your PC without your conscious approval.
- Once installed, MySearchDial will change your current home page to its own website.
- It will start displaying multiple annoying pop-up advertisements while you are surfing the Web.
- If you click on any of those ads, you risk exposing your PC at risk as none of these links is verified and could possibly lead to infected websites. You may then end up with a virus on your PC.
- MySearchDial may even install additional plugins, widgets and browser add-ons without your approval. They are also a potential threat to your system as they may be infected.
- It may track your online activities, record them and send them to third parties along with additionally collected personal data such as emails, usernames and passwords, IP addresses, and so on.
Should You Remove MySearchDial?
If you simply weight the positive and negative sides of this adware, you will conclude that removing MySearchDial is the wise choice in case you already have it.
You can remove MySearchDial manually or by using a trustworthy anti-adware tool to finish the job safely for you.