Read this blog post to learn how to remove the Securesearch.site redirect “virus” from your web browser and your computer as well.
A new unwanted program that has been reported to change the settings on the web browsers of unsuspecting users, causing slowdowns and redirects to third-party websites. The suspicious software may also collect different information from your computer and use it to display targeted ads. Since those advertisements may lead to suspicious websites, which in some cases may even be malicious, it is strongly recommended to read this article and learn how to remove Securesearch.site redirect from your computer system.
What Is The Main Activity of Securesearch.site Adware On Your PC?
Not all ad-supported programs are directly malicious. But, most of them have a very annoying behavior and aim for one thing only – to slow down your computer, by displaying unusual amount of advertisements and collect information from it via cookies and other tracking technologies. The worst case scenario of having ad-supported programs like the Securesearch.site Adware on your computer is that they may create security gaps and breaches on it that could result in hackers exploiting your PC security to infect your computer with more dangerous viruses, like Trojans, Ransomware and even Worms.
Adware exists for quite some time now and you may already be familiar with it. But, bear in mind that ad-supported PUAs (potentially unwanted applications) are becoming more and more sophisticated. This means that such suspicious programs like the Securesearch.site Adware can now cause more harm than ever before.
The harmful actions which modern adware programs, like Securesearch.site may be engaged with on your computer system are the following:
- Collecting information from your online activity, like online clicks and interests, to display you targeted, aggressive ads.
- Slowing down your computer system by drawing processing power from it to use for it’s advertisements.
- Eating up your online data usage, resulting in slower internet connection.
- Pop-ups that do not stop appearing and annoy you.
- Infect your computer with malware and alter it’s connection to their server, so that the cyber-criminals can assume control of it’s web traffic flow.
So How Do You Remove Securesearch.site Adware and Protect Yourself?
There are multiple different methods by which the Securesearch.site Adware can stay undetected on your computer. These tricks are very close to the ones used by viruses, mainly because they are used in the same coding language. Such can be scripts that hid the uninstaller of the suspicious program or make it reappear on your computer even after you have removed it. So what do you do?
Manual removal may be a tricky process, because you have to hunt down for those scripts and the files of the Securesearch.site Adware program. And if you disable them, you risk disabling your internet connection as well. Si, be advised that the best way to remove this program is to use a dedicated removal program which can detect the adware’s objects and remove them completely and safely, without having to reinstall your Windows.
Eliminate Securesearch.site‘s Harmful Registries
For most Windows variants:
1) Hold Windows Button and R.
2) In the “Run” box type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”.
3) Hold CTRL+F keys and type Securesearch.site or the file name of the malicious executable of the virus which is usually located in %AppData%, %Temp%, %Local%, %Roaming% or %SystemDrive%.
4) After having located malicious registry objects, some of which are usually in the Run and RunOnce subkeys delete them ermanently and restart your computer. Here is how to find and delete keys for different versions.
For Windows 7: Open the Start Menu and in the search type and type regedit –> Open it. –> Hold CTRL + F buttons –> Type Securesearch.site Virus in the search field.
Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Hit Enter -> Press CTRL + F buttons. Type Securesearch.site in the search field.