Die W3wp.execould come back on your computer several times if you do not manage to detect and remove its hidden files and main objects.We suggest that you download SpyHunter as it will scan for all types of malicious objects, installed with it. Removal attempt with SpyHunter can happen in about 15 Minuten time and may save you hours in trying to uninstall W3wp.exe by yourself.
How to Spot and Fully Eliminate the W3wp.exe Trojan?
The primary method which you can use to detect a Trojan is to analyze hidden processes on your computer. This is achievable by downloading process monitoring apps, like Process Explorer. Jedoch, you will have to have a trained eye on how to detect the malicious processes and how to remove those without damaging your computer. This is why, as a swift solution, a Trojan-specific removal tool should be used, according to security experts. Such removal software will automatically scan for Trojans like W3wp.exe and get rid of them quickly and safely while protecting your computer against threats in the fut
Booting in Safe Mode
1) Hold Windows Key and R
2) A run Window will appear, in it type “msconfig” and hit Enter
3) After the Window appears go to the Boot tab and select Safe Boot
Cut out W3wp.exe in Task Manager
1) Press CTRL+ESC+SHIFT at the same time.
2) Locate the “Processes” Tab.
3) Locate the malicious process of W3wp.exe, and end it’s task by right-clicking on it and clicking on “End Process”
Eliminate W3wp.exe‘s Malicious Registries
For most Windows variants:
1) Hold Windows Button and R.
2) In the “Run” box type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”.
3) Hold CTRL+F keys and type W3wp.exe or the file name of the malicious executable of the virus which is usually located in %AppData%, %Temp%, %Local%, %Roaming% or %SystemDrive%.
4) After having located malicious registry objects, some of which are usually in the Run and RunOnce subkeys delete them ermanently and restart your computer. Here is how to find and delete keys for different versions.
For Windows 7: Open the Start Menu and in the search type and type regedit –> Open it. –> Hold CTRL + F buttons –> Type W3wp.exe Virus in the search field.
Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Hit Enter -> Press CTRL + F buttons. Type W3wp.exe in the search field.