CompareItApplication offers useful features such as price comparison while browsing online shopping websites; jedoch, malware researchers categorize it as adware and a PUP (potentially unwanted program), which is why they recommend its removal.
Why Is CompareItApplication Considered a PUP?
CompareItApplication is compatible with the most commonly used browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It does offer features that may come handy and useful to many: it displays a price comparison table of various items when you browse through websites such as Amazon, eBay, WalMart, etc.
Despite its positives, jedoch, CompareItApplication is still considered a PUP and adware due to its malicious traits:
- It enters your system without your knowledge, usually bundled with other free programs you download from the Web
- It disrupts your browsing routine
- It slows down your system
- It may compromise your system’s security and even collect your sensitive data and then share it with third parties
- Wenn in Ihrem System, it will start displaying multiple pop-up ads signed as “CompareItApplication”, “CompareItApplication Deals”, and “CompareItApplication Ads” on every website you visit. You will not be able to stop these ads from constantly showing up on your screen as long as the PUP is in your PC
- Clicking the pop-ups may redirect you to potentially infected websites thus you put your PC at additional risk
- CompareItApplication may serve as a backdoor for more serious threats from the Web
How Does CompareItApplication Enter You PC?
Wie oben erwähnt, CompareItApplication usually enters your PC via other freeware you download from the Web. “Bundling” is a completely legal marketing method for distributing various programs via freeware. In order to prevent these unwanted programs to enter your PC, you must be careful what conditions you agree to during the installation process. Make sure you always uncheck the default and “recommended” settings and features, disallow the bundling option and aim for custom installation instead. Hier entlang, you secure yourself that no additional software will enter your PC uninvited.
What to Do If You Already Have CompareItApplication in Your PC
Remove it. Immediately. CompareItApplication’s disadvantages apparently outgo its useful features.
In order to do so, it’s important that you use a trustworthy anti-malware tool. It will perform a full system scan, detect the threat and remove it safely for you, allowing you to return to your normal browsing activities.