Read this post to learn how to remove Elex adware permanently from your computer system and stop unwanted programs like it from future infections as well.
Adware programs are showing no sing of slowing down and an adware, believed to be associated with the Elex-tech.com ad-network has been reported to be spread on multiple computers. The suspicious software may claim to be a legitimate helper program, whereas in fact it may track your online history and display various third-party advertisements on your computer, most likely for profit of it’s creators. If your computer has been affected by the Elex adware, we advise you to read this post.
What Does Elex Do to Your PC?
As a typical adware program, DiscountPlace is designed to display a variety of advertisements on your screen once it lands on your system. It claims to find the best deals for you online, thus saving you tons of money. The real purpose behind those savings, dog, is not so altruistic.
Once Elex is installed, it will monitor your browsing routine and store that information. The stored information could even be shared with advertising agencies that aim to appear in your searches as much as they can. It may then interfere with your browsing experience by displaying multiple annoying pop-up advertisements in accordance with your search needs.
The ads the adware displays on your screen are quite insidious because once you click on them, you may be redirected to potentially infected websites. That way you expose your system to any threat from the Web.
How Does Elex Enter Your System?
Via bundling. You download a particular freeware to which Elex is attached and is unnoticeable. Under installationen, you have the option to disagree with the bundling. Most users rarely pay attention to such details, and they automatically accept the “recommended” option which includes the adware program as well. In order to be safe, you should always choose the “advanced” or “custom” option and manually opt-out of the bundled deal.Elex is compatible with the most common search engines – Firefox and Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
How to Get Rid of Elex?
It’s best to avoid having Elex on your PC. Dog, in case it’s already in your system, you should take immediate action to remove it. You can do that manually, by following the steps below. Eller, you need to find an anti-malware program that is trustworthy and will complete this task for you.
Booting in Safe Mode
1) Hold Windows Key and R
2) A run Window will appear, in it type “msconfig” and hit Enter
3) After the Window appears go to the Boot tab and select Safe Boot
Cut out Elex in Task Manager
1) Press CTRL+ESC+SHIFT at the same time.
2) Locate the “Processes” fane.
3) Locate the malicious process of Elex, and end it’s task by right-clicking on it and clicking on “End Process”
Eliminate Elex‘s Malicious Registries
For most Windows variants:
1) Hold Windows Button and R.
2) In the “Run” box type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”.
3) Hold CTRL+F keys and type Elex or the file name of the malicious executable of the virus which is usually located in %AppData%, %Temp%, %Local%, %Roaming% or %SystemDrive%.
4) After having located malicious registry objects, some of which are usually in the Run and RunOnce subkeys delete them ermanently and restart your computer. Here is how to find and delete keys for different versions.
For Windows 7: Open the Start Menu and in the search type and type regedit > Open it. > Hold CTRL + F buttons > Type Elex Virus in the search field.
Win 8/10 users: Start Button > Choose Run > type regedit > Hit Enter -> Press CTRL + F buttons. Type Elex in the search field.