Read this post to learn how to remove Trojan.Nyetya CCleaner virus from your computer and how to protect yourself against future infections as well.
Hackers have managed to slither a Trojan horse, detected as Trojan.Nyetya into one of the most frequently installed programs out there, called CCleaner. The program enjoys over 5 million installations per week and the infection with this malware was in a function embedded in the installation of CCleaner. Trojan.Nyetya then assumes control over the infected computer and after doing so may steal information from it, install other malware and perform other malicious activities. In the event that your computer has the versions 5.33(CCleaner) and 1.07(CCleaner Cloud) it is likely that you have been infected with the Trojan.Nyetya virus. Read this article to learn how to fully remove this infection from your computer.
What Harm Can Trojan.Nyetya Trojan Do to My PC?
In this digital age, Trojan horses can be very significant not only to your computer, but to you as well. Since most users keep their important files on computers, all of their crucial information becomes at risk. This means that your personal ID number or other financial data that you may have used on a computer infected by _ Trojan can be compromised and used for malicious purposes. This is the primary reason why this threat should be dealt with immediately.
The reason why Trojans, like the Trojan.Nyetya Trojan are a significant threat, is that it has multiple different malicious functions that are utilized on your computer. The features of a Trojan may vary, depending on what type it is, but it is safe to assume that the _ Trojan can do the following on your PC:
- Steal the passwords from the computer and obtain the keystrokes from it via Keyloggers.
- Destroy data on your computer, like delete files. This may even result in damaging your Windows.
- Remotely monitor your activity. This means that whatever you do and see on your screen, the hacker who infected you can also see.
- Disable your Windows operating system via a DDoS attack (Denial of Service).
- Use your system’s resources (CPU and Video Card) to mine cryptocurrencies, like BitCoin.
- Harvest system data and login information automatically from your web browsers.
- Install other viruses on your computer which may cause even more damage.
- Display fake tech support screens that can lure you into a scam.
How to Spot and Fully Eliminate the Trojan.Nyetya Trojan?
The primary method which you can use to detect a Trojan is to analyze hidden processes on your computer. This is achievable by downloading process monitoring apps, like Process Explorer. However, you will have to have a trained eye on how to detect the malicious processes and how to remove those without damaging your computer. This is why, as a swift solution, a Trojan-specific removal tool should be used, according to security experts. Such removal software will automatically scan for Trojans like Trojan.Nyetya and get rid of them quickly and safely while protecting your computer against threats in the fut
Booting in Safe Mode
1) Hold Windows Key and R
2) A run Window will appear, in it type “msconfig” and hit Enter
3) After the Window appears go to the Boot tab and select Safe Boot
Cut out Trojan.Nyetya in Task Manager
1) Press CTRL+ESC+SHIFT at the same time.
2) Locate the “Processes” tab.
3) Locate the malicious process of Trojan.Nyetya, and end it’s task by right-clicking on it and clicking on “End Process”
Eliminate Trojan.Nyetya‘s Malicious Registries
For most Windows variants:
1) Hold Windows Button and R.
2) In the “Run” box type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”.
3) Hold CTRL+F keys and type Trojan.Nyetya or the file name of the malicious executable of the virus which is usually located in %AppData%, %Temp%, %Local%, %Roaming% or %SystemDrive%.
4) After having located malicious registry objects, some of which are usually in the Run and RunOnce subkeys delete them ermanently and restart your computer. Here is how to find and delete keys for different versions.
For Windows 7: Open the Start Menu and in the search type and type regedit –> Open it. –> Hold CTRL + F buttons –> Type Trojan.Nyetya Virus in the search field.
Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Hit Enter -> Press CTRL + F buttons. Type Trojan.Nyetya in the search field.