Msilcoinminer is a confirmed detection of a malicious process which is responsible for various different types of malicious activities on the victim’s computer. The process aims to mine for cryptocurrencies while using the CPU or GPU of the infected computer.
How to Spot and Fully Eliminate the Msilcoinminer Trojan?
The primary method which you can use to detect a Trojan is to analyze hidden processes on your computer. This is achievable by downloading process monitoring apps, like Process Explorer. Jedoch, you will have to have a trained eye on how to detect the malicious processes and how to remove those without damaging your computer. This is why, as a swift solution, a Trojan-specific removal tool should be used, according to security experts. Such removal software will automatically scan for Trojans like Msilcoinminer and get rid of them quickly and safely while protecting your computer against threats in the fut
Booting in Safe Mode
1) Hold Windows Key and R
2) A run Window will appear, in it type “msconfig” and hit Enter
3) After the Window appears go to the Boot tab and select Safe Boot
Cut out Msilcoinminer in Task Manager
1) Press CTRL+ESC+SHIFT at the same time.
2) Locate the “Processes” Tab.
3) Locate the malicious process of Msilcoinminer, and end it’s task by right-clicking on it and clicking on “End Process”
Eliminate Msilcoinminer‘s Malicious Registries
For most Windows variants:
1) Hold Windows Button and R.
2) In the “Run” box type “Regedit” and hit “Enter”.
3) Hold CTRL+F keys and type Msilcoinminer or the file name of the malicious executable of the virus which is usually located in %AppData%, %Temp%, %Local%, %Roaming% or %SystemDrive%.
4) After having located malicious registry objects, some of which are usually in the Run and RunOnce subkeys delete them ermanently and restart your computer. Here is how to find and delete keys for different versions.
For Windows 7: Open the Start Menu and in the search type and type regedit –> Open it. –> Hold CTRL + F buttons –> Type Msilcoinminer Virus in the search field.
Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Hit Enter -> Press CTRL + F buttons. Type Msilcoinminer in the search field.