This is an article that is created to show you what is CommonHandler on Mac and how does it work plus show how to remove it from your Mac.CommonHandler is a so-called PUA or potentially unwanted application. Such apps often find their way in your Mac by being attached to the software installers of other free applications or by being advertised on other sites. Their main goal is to begin to create various different types of files on your Mac and show different types of pop-ups or ads. Read this article to learn how to remove apps, like CommonHandler from your Mac and protect it against any future apps as well.
|Main Activity||Slithers onto your computer and heavily modifies your web browser settings to cause advertisements and collect data. Mostly displays browser redirects to CommonHandler pages. They may ask you to accept Push Notifications.|
|Signs of Presence||Multiple third-party advertisements as well as a slow down in computer performance.|
|Spread||Via software bundling or by being downloaded from the web.|
|Detection+Removal||DOWNLOAD REMOVAL TOOL FOR CommonHandler|
What Are the Bad News if You Have CommonHandler On Your Mac?
Overall and all, applications, like CommonHandler are not a virus. So do not think that the worse has happened – it is not. But, you still have a problem and it is not a small one. Apps, like CommonHandler can obtain administrative permissions over your Macintosh so that they can slither all sorts of advertised content. For starters, the ads that may be shown by CommonHandler could be of the following types:
- Pop-up ads.
- Browser Redirects.
- Ad-supported search queries.
- Online banners
- Highlighted text ads.
Besides the ads that may be shown by the CommonHandler may not all be dangerous, but some of them could lead you to dangerous websites. The consequences of this is that some of the sites may be scam sites or malware-infested sites, that can bring a whole lot of trouble on your head:
- Steal the passwords from your Mac and obtain the keystrokes from it via Keyloggers.
- Destroy data on your Mac, like delete files. This may even result in damaging your Mac OS.
- Remotely monitor your activity. This means that whatever you do and see on your screen, the hacker who infected you can also see.
- Disable your Windows operating system via a DDoS attack (Denial of Service).
- Use your Mac’s resources (CPU and Video Card) to mine cryptocurrencies, like BitCoin.
- Harvest system data and login information automatically from your web browsers.
- Install other viruses on your Mac which may cause even more damage.
- Some of the ads may redirect you to websites that are Tech Support Scam ones and may ask you to call a fake scam number, tricking you that there is a virus on your Mac..
- Display fake login screens that can lure you into typing your username and password.
How to Remove the CommonHandler Threat?
If you want CommonHandler gone from your Mac, then you can do it easily and right now by following the removal steps below. Bear in mind that it is reccomended to use an advanced cleanup app for Macs that will scan for all files and objects that belong to CommonHandler and have them removed permanently and swiftly so you won’t be worried that the potential threat is still on your Mac.
Note! CommonHandler could remain on your Mac if you are not careful during removal. We recommend that you download and run a scan with SpyHunter for Mac now to professionally clean up your Mac in now just in 5 minutes..
Preparation Before Removing CommonHandler
1.Make sure to backup your files.
2.Make sure to have this instructions page always open so that you can follow the steps.
3.Be patient as the removal may take some time.
Step 1: Uninstall CommonHandler from Your Mac:
Step 2: Remove CommonHandler from Your Web Browsers.
- Open Chrome and click on the drop-down menu at the top-right corner.
- From the menu open “Tools” and click on “Extensions”.
- Find any CommonHandler – related add-ons and extensions and click on the garbage icon to remove them.
- Open Firefox and select the top-right menu.
- From it, click on “Add-ons” setting.
- Click on the suspicious extension and click “Remove”.
- Restart Firefox.
- Start Safari.
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu on top-right.
- From the drop-down menu, click Preferences.
- Click on “Uninstall” and accept any prompts.
Step 3:Run a free scan now to remove CommonHandler files and objects from your Mac.
According to security professionals, the best way to effectively secure your Mac against threats such as CommonHandler is to scan it with an advanced cleaner software. SpyHunter for Mac has the professional capabilities of detecting all threats and remove them from your Mac safe and fast.