Malware experts classify error.techbotsupportonline.net as a browser hijacker as it enters your system without permission, takes over your home page and settings and starts redirecting you to unwanted websites regardless of your search queries.
How Does Error.techbotsupportonline.net Work?
Once Error.techbotsupportonline.net enters your system, it will alter your default browser settings and will change your home page whether you want it or not.
It will then do the following:
- Slow down your system’s performance and Internet speed
- Redirect you to unwanted and potentially corrupted websites which may further infect your system
- Display multiple pop-up ads that you will not be able to close or remove
- Disable firewalls and some anti-virus programs
- Collect personal information such as bank account details, login information, etc.
- Show messages that your system is infected by malware when the real malware is the program producing these same messages
- Ask you to buy a rogue anti-virus program
Unexperienced users are likely to trust these messages and buy the suggested rogue anti-malware program which will additionally harm their system.
How Does Error.techbotsupportonline.net Enter Your System?
Just like most browser hijackers, PUPs, adware, and other malicious programs, Error.techbotsupportonline.net enters your system via:
- Infected emails
- Infected websites
- Freeware you download
- Peer-to-peer file-sharing
The freeware users download from the Web are usually bundled with PUPs and other unwanted programs. Bundling is a legal marketing method of distributing programs to the users’ computers. There is, however, a way to disable it. To do so, you must always watch out the installation of the freeware you download from the Web. Make sure you disallow the bundling and the features you know nothing about. Also, aim for custom installation and uncheck the “recommended” settings.
How to Remove Error.techbotsupportonline.net
If Error.techbotsupportonline.net has already entered your system – worry not. There is a way to permanently remove it from your system. Simply download a legitimate anti-malware tool, and it will run a full system scan for you. It will then detect the threat and remove it safely for you.